Thursday 28 May 2009

Rubbish cornflakes

Back in 'the day', when I was having to cut down on food as it was getting in the way of my drinking, at times I had to go to Aldi's. In fact, there was nothing wrong with what they stocked, except for their version of Cornflakes, which proved the advertising slogan "If it doesn't say Kelloggs on the packet..." etc. One bowl, never again. Which makes the comment in Monday's Guardian about Hughes shopping at Fortnum and Mason's while the Ginger Special One shops at the aforementioned store seem quite apt when you see who Bolton have been linked with so far. The Evening News, amongst others, mentions Paul Robinson for about £1million. Don't panic Jussi fans. Not that one. Setanta Sports mention Matias Fernandez (although Big Sam is also after him) and Goal.com suggest Sylvain Distin. Now, and here's the rub, I didn't think that the problem was left back, where Robinson plays and Jlloyd was an ever present this season. Nor is it fundamentally at the back, although it has been suggested that we will need another central defender. No, it is plainly and simply at the front. So, Gary, mate, be linked with all the defenders you want. I'm not going to start biting until this supposed money you are going to spend gives me an erection. And I'm flaccid at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

This site is listed on OmniFootball