Thursday 28 January 2010

Can I have my spoon back?


Usually, the transfer window is a big yawn fest for Bolton fans, lots of rumours that come to nothing and then a, supposed, last minute bid for Leroy Lita is all we've had for the past few years, bar the odd selling of a leading striker to Chelsea. Not so this year. With Vladimir Weiss and Stuart Holden already in the fold, moves are still afoot to bring Jack Wilshere in from Arsenal, even if some of our friends from Islington do not like the idea of him coming. At least he'll go back tougher.

According the the Mail, Bolton are interested in bringing in Aruna Dindane, who will not return to Portsmouth due to the money problems at Fratton Park. However, although it is mentioned at the top of the article that we are interested, it is not substantiated anywhere else, so I think we can forget that. Plus, do we really need another top heavy striker, we've already got two.

On the way out appears to be The Shitt, although that appeared to be the case earlier in the season when the former manager didn't want him and he still stayed. Good performances however in the African Cup of Nations have put him in the shop window, as they say. My local shop hasn't got a bargain bucket for unwanted crap in the window, and, in fact, no other shop that I know does, not even the 99p shop in Hayes out of which someone once ran after a bit of low rent shoplifting only to run straight into me, thereby earning a rather nasty graze to the forehead when I accidentally punched him. What I am saying, basically, is that we will pay the airfare to wherever it is he wants to go to take another vestige of the former regime out of the club. Even Oldham.

In other news, some of our inbred friends managed to get themselves arrested on Tuesday, possibly for bringing in a giant inflatable penis, whilst the Guardian quotes St Owen as saying that manager baiting is a social problem, the quote appearing underneath the photo of a Burnley fan who just appears to be a giant penis.

Locally (that's locally to Bolton, not locally to me otherwise this blog would be called Stick It Up Your Hammers, or something) both Holden and Weiss have been praising the virtues of Bolton Wanderers in the former BEN. Holden says:

"I consider myself a box-to-box midfielder and get myself up and down. I like to get on the ball and pass it, create things, and get forward"

while Weiss, who is described by the copy editor as "Jet Heeled" (bless), says of St Owen:

"He tries to play football and that’s what I like, so I think we’ll do really well at the club"

which kind of makes you want to get rid of The Shitt a bit quicker. Coyle himself said after Tuesday's game that he is "trying to bring in exciting players", and although we have already had a look at the differences since the former manager left, if you scoot over here (not yet, when I've finished) you will find a breakdown in the difference since Coyle took over. Not the same as my delightful prose, but you can't have everything.

Tomorrow, a look at the Liverpool game, which is one of only two times when there is discord in the X household. The other being when I hide her spoons. Until tomorrow, conde naz plinkton, as they say in my local. Their Eastenders, I can't be bothered trying to figure out what they're saying.

1 comment:

  1. My question is where does one purchase a giant inflatable penis? I mean you can't just pop down to M&S can you? Is there a special store? You know what, never mind I don't think I want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

 

This site is listed on OmniFootball